April 26, 2011

On Board: Last Night at Chateau Marmont

I am on board with Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger.  I simply adore Weisberger’s ability to pen a relatable story set against fabulous circumstances.  I am by no means a professional book reviewer, but if you’re looking for a good beach read, Last Night at Chateau Marmont will certainly fit the bill!


Via Amazon.com

From the opening chapter, I knew that I would love the main character, Brooke.  Brooke is devoted to her career, husband, friends, family and even her hound dog, Walter.  Brooke struggles to keep a semblance of normalcy in her professional life as a nutritionist while her husband, Julian, a beatnik starving musician type, finally gets his big break.  Their life is turned upside down by paparazzi and gossip blogs after Julian performs live on a late night TV show.
Of course the author uses plenty of “artistic license” when Julian is suddenly launched into the spotlight.  I mean, what is the likelihood that such an unknown new artist would really play at the Grammys?  None of the more outlandish parts of the book turned me off of poor Brooke, my main focus, and her efforts to support Julian’s career while salvaging what opportunities she has been given in her own career.
What did you think of this book?  What books are you reading?  Any good “beach reads” you can recommend to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment